Once upon a time, I was working on a faith-based nonprofit that aims to provide homes and healing to homeless youth ages 12-24 and their families through housing, supportive relationships, and a network of service providers catering to the needs of the whole person. My Master’s level studies led me to expand this vision, leading me to the next chapter in my story – and the focus of this blog: my pursuit of social justice through higher education. Here you will find posts about:
- Helpful Resources – These are some tools I’ve encountered along my academic journey that have helped me be awesome.
- Rants & Raves – Stuff that’s on my mind, theories, musings, arguments, general griot-ness.
- Research & Experiences – Things I’ve read about, discovered, learned, experienced, and/or encountered throughout my journey to Social Justice Divahood via academia and life.
- Radical Social Work in Action – This is a Tumblr where I’ve posted interesting stories of actions that I consider to be awesome examples of things people are doing to make the world a better place. This is more than just your average nonprofity work; these folks are doing things outside what the rest of society is doing. (Hint: it’s usually pretty simple stuff.)
- Recreation & Diversion – all work and no play makes Manda a very frustrated and ineffective woman. Here is where I share my escapes from the drudgery of grad life and my efforts for self-domination.
My goal is to have a post up every week, although some weeks will feature multiple posts, depending upon what’s happening in my life and the world. There may also be some weeks in which there’s not a post because school or work took precedence. I guarantee, though, that this space will always be chock full of great reads!
Welcome to my journey! I hope you make yourself at home & join the conversation!